Hi guys! It's Erin from The Wooden Skillet and I am excited to be sharing these Post-Workout Recovery Collagen Energy Bites with you today!
I don't know about you, but after ALL the treats in November and December I am ready to hit the gym and get back into my workout routine! But I wanted something quick and easy to have on-hand for a post-workout snack that would keep me energized and recover as quickly as possible from my workout! These Energy Bites are made with collagen (speeds up the repair of inflamed connective tissues and help maintain muscle mass), flax (can reduce post-exercise muscle inflammation, especially when paired with antioxidants like those found in dates) and dates!
I love how easily they come together! My favorite is to have a bunch in the freezer so I can make a big batch to have on hand!
7-Ingredient Collagen Energy Bites
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nut butter (I used pecan butter)
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 serving collagen
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Place dates in food processor and chop until they begin to break down.
- Add remaining ingredients and process for approximately 3 minutes or until everything is broken down and fully combined.
- Test a little in your hands - it should compact nicely and hold it form. If it doesn't, add additional nut butter 1 Tablespoon at time.
- Take approx 1 -2 Tablespoons in your hand at a time.
- Press down mixture to compact it and then roll into a ball.
- Freeze or enjoy right away.