There are lots of little things you can do every day to show mother earth some love.
It's up to us to do what we can in our capacity, while we put pressure on the policymakers to make changes in the regulation of earth-damaging products.
So, let's look at some excellent ways for us to love our planet through more mindful actions.
Changing the way you think can make a big difference.
Learn to be more conscious about what you buy and what you throw away. Make thoughtful choices every day, and you’ll see how the little things add up over time. Reconsider what you throw away, such as compostable food waste. Share what you can: rides, stuff, food and donate any unused extras to worthy organisations. Get involved by volunteering for beach clean-up days, create a community garden or organise a neighbourhood garage sale!
Reducing waste means making thoughtful choices every day.
The less you throw away, the better for everyone!
· buy only what you genuinely need
· choose sustainably produced products with minimal packaging
· compost food and organic waste
· repair instead of buying new
· borrow/ lend infrequently used items
· take mass transit, ride a bike, or walk to work
Reuse whatever you can.
And if you can’t use it, maybe someone else can. Not only will you save money, but you’ll be keeping useful items from going to landfill.
· always buy reusable versus disposable items
· bring your own reusable bags when you shop
· visit consignment shops, thrift stores, and the library
· donate used clothes, books, and household items
Repurpose your cans, bottles, paper, minerals, timber, and electronics.
It's so much better than taking it to landfill. Recycling/ repurposing reduces waste, conserves resources, saves energy, helps prevent pollution, and reduces greenhouse gases. Recycling also creates jobs and saves money.
· participate in curbside recycling programs
· recycle large appliances and building supplies
· check with your local waste management company to learn more about e-waste recycling programs in your area
· buy products made with recycled materials
So, there you have it! We hope you find some helpful tips and methods and are able to implement a few of them into your life. Feel free to share your suggestions and practices with us on Instagram!